Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sandwiches

I realized today, that in over 3 months of writting blogging, I haven't discussed FOOD.  At all, not once.  So today that will change!


I love food.  All kinds.  Good food, bad food.  There are very few things I won't eat.  I think about food a lot.  I didn't realize how much I think about food until I began my journey into the world of BookFace/Twitter.  A large majority of my posts/status-i/tweets are about food.  There is probably another post on "Where your status, there your treasure is", but I digress.

My favorite food is sandwiches.     Now, before you say, "How boring", hear me out.  Yes, I am talking about peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but I see that category as something much larger.  Isn't a 1/3 pound fire-grilled angus hamburger with thick-cut applewood smoked bacon, American cheese, lettuce tomatoes, pickles, onions on a homemade sourdough bun a sandwich?  I believe there are many things that can be classified as a 'Sandwich'.  I'd like to expound on the definition of Sandwich


sand*wich |ˈsanˌ(d)wi ch |
noun
an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal


Now, the last part I totally disagree with.  Yes, there are 'finger sandwiches', with cucumber and egg salad, but they just give sandwiches a bad name.  So, looking at the definition closer, 'consisting of two pieces of BREAD'.  I would submit that 'bread' can be used loosely in this sense.  A tortilla could be considered bread.  Rice paper could also be considered 'bread'.  If we go that far, then anything that holds meat, cheese or other filling between them could be 'bread'.  So with that understanding...

 

No comments:

CMD_C_t_shirts


Look for a personalized gift at Zazzle.